This position is responsible for providing leadership and support on assigned programs and projects, ensuring that the Company’s products are manufactured in accordance with customer specifications and Company
quality requirements. Serves as a liaison between customers, suppliers and the Company on quality related issues, in support of company goal and objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Provides technical support to assigned functional areas including visual aids, process inspection sheets for manufacturing and final inspection sheets in support of the Company’s quality objectives.
- Reviews company and customer drawings, changes, process procedures, test procedures, procurement documentation, quality manuals and inspection sheets ensuring company and customer quality requirements are met on assigned products, programs and projects.
- Provides leadership and guidance to Quality Assurance Gage-Maker/Floor Inspectors, production supervision and operators on company quality requirements.
- Interacts with representatives from a variety of functional areas, including design engineering, manufacturing engineering, sales, purchasing and production and inspection personnel relating to products and programs associated with Quality Assurance.
- Interfaces with customer quality and engineering representatives on a variety of quality issues.
- Schedules and host customer and government source inspections.
- Performs supplier audits and surveys, as well as, evaluating potential new suppliers.
- Generates Quality Assurance documentation in accordance with applicable specifications.
- Develops and implements inspection procedures
- Prepares First Article and submission documentation.
- Document Controller-Designs and maintains quality control documentation, forms, and inspection sheets.
- Leads and supports continuous improvement projects.
- Monitors returns and issues corrective/preventive actions (internal/external).
- Serves as an ISO 9001:2000 auditor and may serve as Internal Audit Manager.
- Schedules and conducts machine capability and Gage R & R studies.
- Manages corrective action process (internal & external) for effective response toward continuous improvement.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned or required.
- Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing will be a plus in experience.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
A Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or Quality Assurance preferred. Two (2) to five (5) years experience in a manufacturing/metal removal environment preferred. Must possess proficient knowledge of (ANSI-Y14.5) Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing, ISO 9001:2000 Quality System requirements, and (ISO 10012), Measurement management systems. Knowledge of (NDT) Non-Destructive Testing and (CMM) coordinate measuring machines preferred. Self-starter with the ability to effectively interact (orally and in writing) with various levels of the organization. Incumbent must possess leadership characteristics and a high degree of computer literacy.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org