Electronics Test TechnicianNovember 25, 2023
Technician/Mechanic III (Contract)
Location: Montville, NJ
Pay Rate: $35 – $50/hr
Enser is an Engineering Services Company that provides Staffing Support. This position is not internal to Enser. Please No Agencies.
Technician/Mechanic III, Position Profile:
The Technician/Mechanic III is primarily responsible for the independent set up and operation of all phases of processing pneumatic, hydraulic, mechanical, and electromechanical assemblies for Space, Navy, and/or Aircraft applications. This role assembles and tests production hardware and their subassemblies, by following schematic and other written and/or verbal specifications, and troubleshoots problems that arise, responding with appropriate unit rework.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience in a manufacturing/testing environment
- Demonstrated mechanical or electro-mechanical products measurement and testing experience required
- Demonstrated strong mechanical / technical aptitude and ability to function test products
- Demonstrated knowledge/experience with variety of electronic test equipment
- Highly knowledgeable in the areas of high pressure fluids (Skydrol/red-oil.), gasses and electronic test equipment and ability to work with abrasive chemicals and hydraulic fluids
- Demonstrated knowledge of the application of Lean concepts, ESD, FOD control and personal protective equipment
- Strong verbal/written communication skills required for multi-faceted interactions with all levels of personnel within the organization
- Computer literate, with MS Office/PC expertise
- Must be a US Citizen
Essential or Primary / Key Responsibilities:
- Primarily ensure that products perform their proposed functions in a satisfactory manner
- Complete assigned jobs performing assembly, test set-up and test without supervision
- Read, interpret, follow and advise on documents (i.e. procedures, schematics/technical drawings, etc.) and use necessary measuring devices/equipment to confirm tooling/fixturing geometries and dimensions
- Ensure all work is conducted in accordance with approved technical data, customer specifications and regulatory requirements including mil-specs
- Set up and use electronic instruments, load testing devices, microscopes, various measuring instruments
- Setup and operate tools required for assembly including, but not limited to; standard hand tools, load testing devices, micrometers, depth mics, calipers and microscopes
- Setup and operate equipment required for testing including, but not limited to; multimeters, ohmmeters, voltmeters, pressure, gauges and transducers, data recorders, load cells, and flow meters
- Install, operate and maintain high-pressure nitrogen, helium and skydrol test equipment
- Conduct end-of-line functional testing on valve components and record results
- Ensure equipment is properly maintained and repaired, and notify management of repair opportunities
- Lock-wire and torque seal parts
- Install internal components using arbor press and proper fixtures
- Maintain and ensure accurate parts and part count for each job
- Independently identify causes for test failures, rework and advise management of proposed corrective action
- Seek and document Lean ideas to improve the efficiencies of the company
- Maintain all hand tools in clean working condition
- Properly handle and dispose of chemicals used, utilizing proper PPE
- Identify any routings discrepancy and notify supervisor so changes can be made if necessary
- Understand basic hydraulic concepts and the function of gages, flow meters and assemblies in the hydraulic systems and apply knowledge/advise others as needed to support production
- Assist in the training of personnel to perform required technical tasks (as directed)
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to conditions typical of a manufacturing/machine shop environment, including, but not limited to: fluids, fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts, noise (air hose, etc.), and vibration
- This position may entail exposure to abrasive chemicals
- This job interacts both in a professional office environment and a manufacturing/machine shop environment. This role uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines, as well as environments inclusive of the appropriate eye, hearing and foot protection (as required).
- Temperature of work environment may be affected by outside/external temperatures, machining processes, etc.
- This is a full-time position. Overtime and weekend work may be required, as job duties demand.
- Some travel may be required for this position (5-10%)
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- The employee is frequently required to repetitively use/reach with hands and arms, and to use hands to finger, handle or feel.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee is regularly required to stand at length, sit, walk, stoop, bend, turn, balance, and/or crouch, and move about the facility.
- The employee may be required to lift, stack, push, pull and/or move items weighing up to 45 pounds