Systems EngineerJune 26, 2023
Commissioning EngineerSeptember 14, 2023
Sr. Engineer Reliability & Safety
Location: Parsippany, NJ
Enser is an Engineering Services Company that provides Staffing Support. This position is not internal to Enser. Please No Agencies.
Marotta Controls is looking for an experienced Sr. Reliability and Safety Engineer to join our world-class team of engineers. The team is responsible for designing and developing Marotta products for aerospace and military weapon systems, which includes missiles, guided rockets, smart munitions, and more. Specifically, the Sr. Reliability and Safety Engineer will be responsible for system safety assessment, reliability predictions and failure mode analyses required for new development programs. This is a unique opportunity to join one of the most experienced, talented, and fastest growing teams in the industry.
Essential or Primary / Key Responsibilities:
- Work with IPT to identify safety critical items, any non-conformances, and offer design alternatives.
- Generate reliability, maintainability, and system safety reports for IPT and customer review.
- Perform system safety analyses per MIL-STD-882 and SAE ARP4761.
- Perform Maintainability analyses per MIL-STD-470.
- Perform reliability predictions per MIL-HDBK-217.
- Review customer reliability, safety and maintainability requirements and provide RMS/C analysis.
- Consider and balance cost, technical, schedule, and risk.
This job interacts both in a professional office environment and a manufacturing/machine shop environment. This role uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines, as well as environments inclusive of the appropriate eye, hearing, and foot protection (as required).
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical Engineering.
- 3+ years of experience in similar role within the aerospace industry which must include Reliability, Maintainability and Safety engineering analysis
- New Product Development experience in aerospace/military industry.
- Ability to effectively communicate, plan, organize work on one or more projects concurrently.
- Experience in electromechanical design and testing preferred.
- Strong documentation and writing skills.
- Experience using reliability analysis tools like Relex, Weibull ++, Reliasoft XFRACAS.
- Ability to work closely with a team of engineers and technicians.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- While performing the duties of this job, the Sr. Reliability and Safety Engineer is regularly required to see, talk and hear.
- The Sr. Reliability and Safety Engineer is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, and to use hands to finger, handle or feel.
- The Sr. Reliability and Safety Engineer is frequently required to sit at length, stand, walk, and move about the facility.
- The Sr. Reliability and Safety Engineer may be required to lift and/or move items weighing up to 20 pounds.