Manager, Systems EngineeringMay 8, 2023
Power Conversion EngineerJune 5, 2023
Senior Electronics Test Engineer – ATE/SE
Location: Parsippany, NJ
Type: Contract – 6+ months
Pay Rate: $75 – $95/hr depending on experience
The Senior Test Electrical Engineer will provide TPS Test Code development for multiple Business Units, including the Power & Control Actuation Systems (PAS) / Space & Marine Lines of Business. Applicant should have a strong background as an Electrical Engineer, and possess a demonstrated ability in designing, developing, and deploying complex C#/C++ test applications.
Senior Test Engineer Essential or Primary / Key Responsibilities:
Primary Responsibilities of the Senior Test Engineer include developing automated TPS SW, manual tools, and utilities for new TE, as well as debugging and modifying existing TPS SW for new tests, features, etc. The incumbent will work closely with the new product development team for the Prime Mission Equipment, providing tools for them to communicate, interrogate, and test the new product, enabling them to use early feedback on their designs. He/She will then continue to provide the tools and automation for the DVT, Qual, and Production phases of the project. Inputs to all formal Review packages, such as TE Gate events (TE SRR, TE CDR, TE Validation), will be included.
Senior Test Engineer Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in EE w/ 15 Years of Test Equipment SW development experience
- A minimum of 15 years of formal ATE development experience, along with a high level of expertise in the ATE specialty domain is required. Subject areas of demonstrated ability include Test Executives, TPS Test Code, Equipment Drivers, Hardware Abstraction Layers, TE and End-Item Integration, Requirements Analysis, and Design Review material preparation. ATE HW (EE) knowledge, with respect to manual and automated control of typical test instrumentation is a must. Product knowledge of Power Distribution Units and Control and Actuation Systems is a plus.
- Hardware Support: Signal Generators, Power Meters/Analyzers, Data Acquisition and Control Systems, DMMs, Scopes, High Voltage P/Ss, Analog I/O, Digital I/O, PXI
- Software Support: C/C++/C#, Real-Time OS, Flex-RIO, Word/Excel Automation, SQL, SQL Automation, Visio, Adobe Acrobat, PowerPoint
- Interface Protocol Support: IEEE-488, I²C, SPI, USB, CAN, RS-485/422/232, Serial, TCP/IP, J-TAG
- Must be a US Citizen
Additional Skills Preferred:
- TPS Project Planning, Monitoring, and Reporting
- Training, Guidance, and Mentoring of Junior Engineers
- Cohesive Collaboration with Program Teams
- Ability to Assemble and Present Professional Technical Packages/Reports
The primary work environment will be a lab/office area, with occasional travel to one of the lab facilities that provide outsource capability to our Qualification events.