Senior Electronics Test EngineerJune 1, 2023
Mechanical EngineerJune 16, 2023
Project Manager – Mechanical Projects
Location: Princeton, NJ
Salary: $130,000 – $180,000
Enser is an Engineering Services Company that provides Staffing Support. This position is not internal to Enser. Please No Agencies.
We invite applications for the position of Project Manager – Mechanical Projects. This will be a project manager running field projects tailored to high tech design and construction on various scientific fusion energy research machines and devices.
*This not a position for IT related project managers*
You will be working to complete a major upgrade that when completed, will allow for a broader range of fusion science experiments, with the goal to ultimately achieving fusion as an economically viable clean energy source. This includes a portfolio of subordinate mechanical projects consisting of alterations or improvements to tokamak vacuum vessel internals, and mechanical systems and equipment needed to meet research objectives.
The Project Manager- Mechanical Projects comprehensively owns the delivery of assigned projects including the timely mitigation of risks and resolution of emergent issues, and ensures the work is completed on time, within budget and in accordance with applicable Laboratory policies and procedures. Executing this work safely and with appropriate quality is paramount.
- Collaborates with Engineering and other stakeholders (Research and DOE) to define and clearly articulate the scope and requirements for assigned projects.
- Develops complete and credible project plans including define scope, schedule and cost estimates, procurement plan(s) informed by risk and uncertainty and works with the Recovery team to fully integrate these plans in the project baseline.
- Safely achieves project requirements on time and on budget including DOE Notable Outcomes, milestones, performance and technical requirements, and key performance parameters.
- Oversees and manages all aspects of project execution including safety, risk, scope, schedule, cost, and change control and provides feedback to project team members.
- Actively tracks and reports progress against a baseline budget and schedule.
- Utilizes risk management tools to actively monitor and manage risks and implements mitigations.
- With support from Project Controls staff, implements earned value management (EVMS) tools to track and report progress against the schedule and cost baseline and takes timely action to remedy issues and adverse trends, when needed.
- Issues timely and accurate project reports and communicates project performance to identified stakeholders.
- Oversees and manages project closeout including turnover to end users/operations and the disposition of documents and records.
- Conducts critiques and documents lessons learned that can be applied to future company projects and operations.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s in Engineering is required. Mechanical engineering is helpful.
- At least 10 years experience working with technically complex mechanical systems or components in a demanding industrial settings (e.g., DOE Office of Science research laboratories, chemical processing, commercial nuclear, or power generation/oil/gas industries).
- Experience working and managing effectively in a highly matrixed organization.
- Working knowledge and experience with project management systems including project planning/work breakdown system architecture, scheduling and cost estimating principles and systems, earned value management, risk management, labor resource loading and management and project reporting.
- Experience in managing multiple vendors, contract management, change control, and supply chain.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong leadership and supervisory skills.
- Demonstrated team building skills, including the ability to work effectively with peers, other organizations, project sponsors, stakeholders, and suppliers.
- Strong analytical skills and demonstrated ability to conduct risk analysis and to make timely, risk informed decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a broad range of work activities and technical disciplines involving a diverse spectrum of professional and non-professional personnel.
- Superior communication and presentation skills to provide adequate levels of transparency to all members of the project team and stakeholders.
- Excellent Computer skills (PC/Mac)
- Proficient knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite including Word, PowerPoint, Excel using advanced excel functions.
- Proficient with the Google Suite including Google Slides, Google Docs/Google Sheets.
- Experience with Primavera scheduling software, or equivalent.
- Demonstrated ability to promptly adapt to emergent project completion and performance barriers.
Certificates and Licenses:
Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification required.
Professional Engineer Certification desired.
- Capable of climbing ladders and working at heights from scaffolding, platforms, and powered aerial lifts.
- Able to stand for long periods of time and walk around the facility (approximately a few miles per day).
- Must be capable of accessing all work areas to physically view work practices and conduct inspections. This will involve bending, climbing, and kneeling.
- Must be able to periodically lift up to 25 lbs and wear a variety of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
Work is primarily full time on-site, with occasional (<10%) domestic travel as required.