Manufacturing Engineer Manager
This position is responsible for effectively directing and coordinating the manufacturing engineering and maintenance functions which include: design and redesign of production machinery and tooling, and developing solutions to production problems relating to materials, processes and tooling; and ensuring compliance to Federal, State, and Local environmental, health and safety regulatory requirements; and directing maintenance reliability processes. Supports new programs by developing new processes, tool designs, machinery, process improvements and production controls. Serves as a liaison between the Engineering and other departments. Directs and supervises engineering and maintenance staffs.
Duties and Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Initiates capital appropriation requests via the accumulation of information and the preparation of feasibility studies to justify purchase or building of equipment required for new manufacturing methods. Establishes and assures achievement of systems for control of project(s) progress, time schedules and costs.
- Continuously surveys all manufacturing operations to determine areas for process improvements and cost reductions. Recommends process changes where justifiable by cost studies. Goal: to manufacture products by the most favorable method.
- Establishes engineering, equipment and tooling standards for more efficient application of the Company’s resources.
- Coordinates Company’s environmental program with outside regulatory agencies, (DEQ, EPA etc.). Ensures compliance to state and federal regulations as well as internal controls.
- Reviews new designs during the development phase and prior to the issuance of production drawings. Recommends modifications where advisable to minimize cost and conform to production capabilities and limitations.
- Determines methods for manufacture during design of new products. Recommends design modifications to permit manufacture by the most favorable method.
- Designs and coordinates the manufacture and shakedown of all production machines and machine elements for all process requirements for which satisfactory purchased equipment is not available.
- Provides engineering advice, complies data and determines probable costs for process improvement projects.
- Plans and schedules activities, sets objectives with subordinates and insures that goals are met. Delegates to subordinate the responsibility and authority necessary for the department to function effectively, but retains overall responsibility and accountability for results. Supplies all necessary direction to subordinates regarding work objectives. Provides training and development opportunities to subordinates to develop their technical and managerial skills.
- Maintains an effective, automated record filing/retrieval system for the purpose of future reference. Acts and maintains liaison with suppliers to insure schedules and quality of work are maintained.
- Prepares a variety of forms and reports in support of environmental programs and regulations. Make recommendations for corrective actions.
- Maintains an accurate, updated and organized machine tool filing system, both paper and computerized.
- Develops and implements plant and equipment layouts to accommodate changing needs of operation and manufacture in the most cost-effective manner.
- Designs, plans, schedules, monitors and controls machinery rebuilds, sale, relocations, transfers and/or storage.
- Develops capital plan and initiates appropriation requests (IRE’s) for major projects associated with maintenance and process improvements
- Oversee and drive continuous improvement of the maintenance processes
- Establishes standards or KPI’s (Key Process Indicators) to measure the effectiveness of the maintenance organization and drives improvement .
- Initiates cost reduction proposals and investigates proposals from other sources. Compiles appropriate information, makes recommendations for action, implements (if appropriate) and checks on results obtained.
- Ensure compliance to regulatory programs such as but not limited to HAZCOM, HAZMAT, NFPA70e, SERA, RCRA, OSHA, etc
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
A Bachelor’s degree in engineering or its equivalent. Eight (8) to ten (10) years engineering experience in (1) a metal removal environment and (2) a responsible capacity in such areas as manufacturing engineering, maintenance, tooling or product design. Possess a thorough knowledge of engineering principles, practices, methods, processes, tools, equipment and environmental compliance. Able to motivate and direct an engineering/ technical staff and possesses proven supervisory and leadership skills. Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org