Electrical Engineer IIMay 4, 2023
Senior Electronics Test EngineerJune 1, 2023
Manager, Systems Engineering
Location: Parsippany, NJ
Pay Rate: $85/hr – $105/hr
Enser is an Engineering Services Company that provides Staffing Support. This position is not internal to Enser. Please No Agencies.
Manager, Systems Engineering
(Power and Actuation Systems)
The Systems Engineering Manager is responsible for the systems engineering team which creates system products such as systems engineering management plan, requirement management including traceability, system analysis and simulation models, and documents. The work products will be produced and maintained in a reasonable time frame in accordance to budgeted hours and schedule. The systems engineering manager shall distribute work to the team based on priorities and assure processes are being followed. Continuous team improvement to increase work efficiency and work product accuracy is required by the manager including mentoring and training of others. The manager shall enlist the help of other disciplines and departments when necessary, such as program management, production, supply chain, quality, and finance.
Essential or Primary / Key Responsibilities:
- Define a model-based systems engineering (MBSE) process for the Power and Actuation Group.
- Coordinate the creation and review of requirements tracing in DOORS.
- Standardize and maintain systems models in Matlab.
- Perform reviews of the work performed by the system team including SDRLs and other documents regarding System modeling, Requirements Traceability, Plans, and other related systems engineering deliverables.
- Maintain and improve tracking & reporting of systems tasks.
- Ensure accuracy of engineering, SDRL, and requirements related documents by review and commenting.
- Communicate technical and schedule problems, in a timely manner, to Engineering Director, Contracts Administrator, and Program Manager when applicable.
- Manage all duties according to company and industry standards.
- Supervision/oversight of other engineers and engineering assistants, documentation personnel, design and test personnel on project activities as required.
- Knowledge of Model Based Systems Engineering is required.
- Knowledge in electromechanical systems design is preferred.
Additional Duties / Responsibilities:
- Bring initiatives and activities to closure in a timely manner through effective interaction with individuals, both internal and external to the organization (as required).
- Abide by all safety, quality, housekeeping and company policies/procedures to ensure compliance to all regulatory and internal system requirements.
- Contribute to a positive and cooperative work environment through effective communication at all levels internal and external to the organization
- Actively participate in team meetings, improvement initiatives/programs, etc. and support actions to drive company initiatives/goals
- Assist in the training of personnel to perform required technical tasks (as directed)
- Consistently demonstrate commitment to company values
- Keep management informed of area activities and of any significant problems.
- Assume responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
- Ensure that work area is clean, secure, and well maintained.
- This job interacts both in a professional office environment and a manufacturing/machine shop environment. This role uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines, as well as environments inclusive of the appropriate eye, hearing and foot protection (as required).
- This is a full-time onsite position. Days and hours of work are 8 hours, Monday through Friday. Overtime and weekend work may be required, as job duties demand.
- Some travel is required for this position (5-10%)
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- B.S. Engineering is required
- 5+ years’ experience in Model Based Systems Engineering.
- Experience in managing technical teams.
- Experience with system modeling software tools such as CAMEO, System Composer, Ansys SCADE, etc.
- Experience with requirements management software tools such as IBM Rational DOORS.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills required for multi-faceted interactions with all levels of personnel within the organization, as well as outside agents, including but not limited to vendors, suppliers, customers, potential job candidates, etc.
- Highly computer literate, with MS Office/PC expertise, and demonstrated experience with applicable systems, programs, equipment, etc.
- Must be a US Citizen.
Preferred Additional Qualifications:
- Reliability and Safety analyses of electronics and hardware.
- Software requirements management and tracing.
- Electronic Parts Management experience is a plus.
- MatLab/Simulink feedback control system model operation is a plus.
- Brushless DC motor experience is a plus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear.
- The Systems Engineer is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, and to use hands to finger, handle or feel
- The employee is frequently required to sit at length, stand, walk, and move about the facility.
- The Systems Engineer may be required to lift and/or move items weighing up to 20 pounds
- Some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary