Systems Requirements Engineer (DOORS expert)November 22, 2023
Electrical Engineer IINovember 30, 2023
Electronics Test Technician
Location: Parsippany, NJ
Pay Rate: $30 – $40/hour
Enser is an Engineering Services Company that provides Staffing Support. This position is not internal to Enser. Please No Agencies.
The Electronics Test Technician is a hands-on position responsible for assembling, testing, troubleshooting, and repairing electrical / electronic assemblies and systems. The role handles assembly and test of developmental hardware and/or software, test equipment development, troubleshooting, and testing of complex electronic circuit card assemblies.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Associates Degree in Electronics
- 2-5 years of related experience in an electronics engineering/production environment, or combination of experience and education
- Working knowledge of and experience with Experience using hand tools, soldering irons, crimpers, torque wrenches, screwdrivers, pliers.
- Self-motivated individual capable of running multiple projects at the same time and on schedule, with the ability to analyze, organize, plan, prioritize assignments, and achieve results
- Excellent analog and digital skills, possess strong problem solving ability.
- Demonstrated soldering skills in accordance with IPC requirements.
- Strong verbal/written communication skills required for multi-faceted interactions with all levels of personnel within the organization
- Computer literate, with MS Office/PC expertise
- Must be a US Citizen
Essential or Primary / Key Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot Electronic Control Units with complex electronic circuit assembles down to the components level.
- Utilize Oscilloscope, meters and various test equipment appropriately for effective troubleshooting / diagnosis.
- Read and interpret electrical schematic, parts list, assembly and printed wiring board (PWB) drawings
- Complete test data sheets
- Assist in failure analysis activity
- Maintain lab orderliness and order tools and supplies as required
- Assist Equipment Calibration personnel in the maintenance of valid calibration on all lab test equipment
- Ensure that all activities related to product are executed and documented in a manner which is compliant to corporate and regulatory requirements
- Support all testing both in house and at outside test facilities
- Support the generation of action plans and strategies to support and accommodate testing and development of new products
- Maintain and optimize the required support systems (computer/personnel) to manage, assuring on-time results while achieving desired objectives
- Utilize fixtures and test setups that will make testing more complete and efficient
- Effectively communicate exceptions to established/agreed upon schedules to all affected parties internal/external to our Organization
- Support full implementation of planning and production techniques for both one off and repetitive product manufacturing
- Support action plans for testing strategies
Additional Duties / Responsibilities:
- Bring initiatives and activities to closure in a timely manner through effective interaction with individuals, both internal and external to our organization (as required).
- Ensure self, and personnel company-wide, are abiding by all safety, quality, housekeeping and company policies/procedures to ensure compliance to all regulatory and internal system requirements.
- Contribute to a positive and cooperative work environment through effective communication at all levels internal and external to the organization
- Actively participate in team meetings, improvement initiatives/programs, etc. to provide constructive recommendations and initiate actions to support company initiatives/goals
- Consistently demonstrate commitment to company values
- Keep management informed of area activities and of any significant problems.
- Develop and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with personnel at all levels, company-wide
- Assume responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
- Ensure that work area is clean, secure, and well maintained.
- Complete special projects and miscellaneous assignments as required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to conditions typical of a manufacturing/machine shop environment, including, but not limited to: fluids, fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts, electronic/electrical hazards, and noise and vibration
- This job interacts both in a professional office environment and a manufacturing/machine shop environment. This role uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines, as well as environments inclusive of the appropriate eye, hearing and foot protection (as required).
- Temperature of work environment may be affected by outside/external temperatures, machining processes, etc.
- This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are 8 hours, Monday through Friday. Overtime and weekend work are required, as job duties demand.
- Some travel may be required for this position (5-10%)