Senior Electrical EngineerOctober 1, 2022
Senior Project EngineerOctober 12, 2022
Electrical Components Engineer
Location: Pine Brook, NJ
Salary: $100,000 – $130,000 (or $60/hr – $75/hr on contract)
Electrical Components Engineer Job Description
The Electrical/Components Engineer is responsible for components management activities of electronics-based projects for use in the aerospace and defense markets. The position requires an understanding of component applications in analog and digital circuits, power electronics, high speed digital interfaces, FPGA and DSPs. The position also requires understanding of thermal, vibration, radiation and electromagnetic stress effects on these devices.
The position is responsible for reviewing and interpreting electronic part requirements – technical- and programmatic-related and assist in selection and analysis from a component reliability perspective.
Product / Project Life Cycle Engineering
- Support electrical/electronic design activities including component selection in terms of part performance, materials, construction, distribution/availability and cost.
- Perform Obsolescence Management activities including making informed, alternate part recommendations to staff engineers.
- Interface with part and component manufacturers to verify and validate OEM part numbers, qualified manufacturers, qualified manufacturer part numbers, part availability, alternate part numbers (and sources), National Stock Numbers (NSNs), Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) items, and other components.
- Develop and maintain electronic component databases.
- Apply critical analysis of component manufacturer data sheets to identify suitability in product applications.
- Perform reliability analysis and application stress assessment using ANSYS, Matlab, and other CAE tools.
- Apply relevant internal, industry and government standards.
- Support product improvement/cost reduction initiatives.
- Support design and analyses using Altium®, OrCad®, HyperLynx®, Pspice®, LTSpice® etc.
- Generate requirements, specifications, and verification/validations procedures for electronic assemblies.
- Participate as a member of a cross-functional project team including: mechanical engineers, manufacturing engineers and technicians.
- Support production, manufacturing, repair and product improvement initiatives.
- Adept in file management platforms including SVN (file version control), Sharepoint (file sharing) and cloud-based interfaces.
- Able to apply formal enterprise document release and revision control processes.
- Excellent presentation skills and presentation preparation (design reviews, marketing presentations, etc.).
- Ability to effectively communicate, in writing and verbally, across all engineering disciplines.
- Ability to lead effectively in a cross-functional team environment.
- Accept and positively respond to constructive criticism to improve personal and project performance.
- Customer centric attitude.
- Drive for results; action oriented.
Education & Experience
- BS Electrical Engineering or other applicable field required.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in aerospace and/or defense engineering required, 5+ years of experience preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft® Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Paint, Sharepoint and Adobe® (PDF) software.
- New product development experience.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US, visa sponsorship not available.