Electrical Engineer IIINovember 4, 2023
Automation EngineerNovember 13, 2023
Location: Montville, NJ
Pay Rate: $30 – $40/hr
Enser is an Engineering Services Company that provides Staffing Support. This position is not internal to Enser. Please No Agencies.
The Calibration Technician is responsible for calibrating, certifying, and verifying accuracy of test, measurement and diagnostic equipment and instruments to assure production processes are consistent for manufacturing quality products. This role supports internal/external audits and maintains all calibration records.
Essential or Primary / Key Responsibilities:
- Performs various complex duties classified as moderate inclusive of calibration, maintenance and repairs of tools and equipment in line with established SOP’s.
- Maintains appropriate calibration documentation and records, including computer data entry and filing of reports.
- Performs calibration and approve products and accessories that meet tolerances and product specifications.
- Troubleshoots and performs repairs on equipment to assure proper calibration is achieved and maintained.
- Inspects, maintains and repairs or facilitates the repair of all calibration and calibrated equipment.
- Coordinates with production and engineering departments for internal and external customers.
- Prepares all documentation applicable for various assignments
- Monitors and completes all business tasks within timeframe and ensure optimal quality.
- Develops all reports and certificates pertaining to calibration.
- Performs inspection and calibrate all tooling equipment with help of electronic and pressure equipment and ensure accuracy.
- Maintains control and traceability related to tooling inside shop and outside vendors.
- Assists various departments to resolve and repair of equipment which determine precision.
- Gathers and documents the data records related to calibration.
- Issues and receives into established software, gauges and inspection equipment.
- Tracks gauge history in established software data base.
- Plans sequence of testing and calibration procedures for instruments and equipment.
- Sets up standard and special purpose laboratory equipment to test, evaluate, and calibrate other instruments and test equipment.
- Devises formulas to solve problems in measurements and calibrations.
- Assists engineers in formulating test, calibration, repair, and evaluation plans and procedures to maintain precision accuracy of measuring, recording, and indicating instruments and equipment.
Additional Duties / Responsibilities:
- Bring initiatives and activities to closure in a timely manner through effective interaction with individuals, both internal and external to our organization (as required).
- Abide by all safety, quality, housekeeping and company policies/procedures to ensure compliance to all regulatory
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Associate degree or equivalent
- 2-? years of related experience/training, or equivalent combination of education and training in calibration field or ASQ recognized Calibration Technician Certification
- Computer literate, with MS Office/PC expertise, and demonstrated experience with applicable systems, programs, equipment, etc.
- Strong verbal/written communication skills required for multi-faceted interactions with all levels of personnel within the organization
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to conditions typical of a manufacturing/machine shop environment, including, but not limited to: fluids, fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts, noise (air hose, etc.), and vibration
- This position entails constant exposure to abrasive chemicals
- This job interacts both in a professional office environment and a manufacturing/machine shop environment. This role uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines, as well as environments inclusive of the appropriate eye, hearing and foot protection (as required).
- Temperature of work environment may be affected by outside/external temperatures, machining processes, etc.
- This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are 8 hours, Monday through Friday. Overtime and weekend work may be requested, as job duties demand
- Some travel may be required for this position (5-10%)
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- The employee is frequently required to repetitively use/reach with hands and arms, and to use hands to finger, handle or feel.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee is regularly required to stand at length, sit, walk, stoop, climb stairs, bend, turn, balance, and/or crouch, and move about the facility and outside the facility.
- The employee may be required to lift, stack, push, pull and/or move items weighing up to 40 pounds