In today’s competitive marketplace, the risks for offshoring engineering, manufacturing & design projects can be great. American companies often don’t consider all costs involved when sending their projects offshore, costs that include inventory costs, duty and freight carrying costs, traveling costs to check projects, and increasing labor and energy cost. More important, companies need to realize costs are soaring, Intellectual Property (IP) can be stolen, and there is a longer time to market. American companies that are undecided on whether or not to manufacture in the US or overseas, are asking questions on what decision would be right for them?
Our answer is simple: We believe in Keeping America Strong. We believe that America is still the strongest place for engineering, manufacturing and design and that the benefits with Reshoring your company’s needs have more significant benefits than not, such as:
- Far cheaper transportation costs
- Easier oversight of the manufacturing process
- No language barrier to contend with
- No significant time zone-related difficulties
- Better PR among consumers who disapprove of offshoring
- Helping to rebuild the US economy, creating new American consumers
- A larger base of unemployed and underemployed workers to staff your company
- Better and more reliable manufacturing services
American made matters and bringing projects back to the US is not only about a company’s business model, it’s also about growing American jobs, rebuilding our communities, and ultimately making America a better place. Right now, any way you look at manufacturing and the economy, you’ll see positive signs that Reshoring is on the rise for the US.
Join American Made Matters Today
Reshoring in the news!
- Reshoring 101: Right-Sizing U.S. Manufacturing, Part 1
- Reshoring 101: Right-Sizing U.S. Manufacturing, Part 2
- Total Cost of Ownership Estimator
Benefits of Outsourcing in US
- Engineering Consultants at Your Service; Companies enlist third-party engineering expertise to keep costs in check and accelerate the time to market.
- Engineering Help Wanted; Hiring in outside expertise is a safety valve that releases pressure on overworked engineers.
Reshoring in the News